All Students must have a State Approval Letter in order to enroll in the Act 235 Class. To receive an approval letter, the applicant must complete the following:
-Application, Background Check & Fingerprints
Register online at: www.psp.pa.gov
(See Directions Below)
-Psychological, Physical & Vision Examination
Completed at our facility (831-33 Ellsworth Street Philadelphia PA 19147) – $235
(We accept cash or credit)
The Pennsylvania State Police now requires a Vision Examination inclusive of testing for Visual Acuity, Depth Perception, Color Perception and Field of Vision.
After the applicant has completed the Application, Background Check, Fingerprints, Psychological, Physical and Vision Examinations, he or she will then receive the Act 235 State Approval Letter in their email.
After the applicant has received his or her State Approval Letter, he or she can sign up for the next available Act 235 Class.
(See Course Dates under Pennsylvania Act 235 Course tab)
How to Complete the Application, Background Check & Fingerprints
1. Go to www.psp.pa.gov
2. After the first paragraph, you’ll see this – All Act 235 certification actions are available on the Applications Page- Click on Applications Page
3. On this page, scroll down and click on Basic
4. On the basic application page, scroll down and click on TACS System
5. On the training and certification page, fill in the area under the Public/Guest Users section
6. Once the applicant pays and submits their application, they will receive an email from IdentoGO with further instructions and a link to set up a fingerprint appointment
What separates us from the rest?
1. Classroom, skills & tactical rooms, shooting range, and doctors examination room
2. Everything you need to complete the process, in ONE convenient location!
3. All students enrolled in our program receive a private lesson for only $35.00,(normally $65.00)
4. All students enrolled can purchase a one year membership for only $80.00 (normally $199.00)
5. Our student manual can be purchased for an additional $10. Please ask a store associate for more information.
6. Two classes to choose from every month (weekdays or weekends )
7. Security company and group discounts available